Where: The Wesley, 81-103 Euston Road, London NW1 2EZ
Date: Tuesday 15 January 2019
Time: 10:30 - 4:30pm
Cost: BASPCAN and NSPCC Members £145,
Non Members £195 and £225 Joining fee (Gives entry to conference and 2019 BASPCAN membership)
About the event
The conference is relevant to those providing child protection training within any setting, for work with children, young people and their families.
This is a unique opportunity for all those involved in designing or delivering child protection training, for various audiences, to update and refresh their knowledge, build their effectiveness and network with other trainers.
You will also hear from an expert by experience of her survival in the face of sexual exploitation.
The 2019 conference has a twin focus on dealing with disruptive change and on various manifestations of sexual violence against children and the implications of these for training.
Aims and objectives of the conference
- To consider major disruptors that challenge training on child protection and how they can be constructively embraced.
- To explore different manifestations of sexual violence against children in
the 21st century and the implications for training.
- To update on research, policy and practice developments affecting child protection training across the UK.
- To support networking between trainers.
- To celebrate excellence in training and announce the winner of the Child Protection Trainer of the Year Award 2019.