Date: Thursday 2 May 2019
Location: The Wesley, 81-103 Euston Street, London, NW1 2EZ
About the event
The conference is relevant to those providing child protection training within any setting, for work with children, young people and their families.
This is a unique opportunity for all those involved in designing or delivering child protection training, for various audiences, to update and refresh their knowledge, build their effectiveness and network with other trainers.
You will also hear from an expert by experience of her survival in the face of sexual exploitation.
The 2019 conference has a twin focus on dealing with disruptive change and on various manifestations of sexual violence against children and the implications of these for training.
Aims and objectives of the conference
- To consider major disruptors that challenge training on child protection and how they can be constructively embraced.
- To explore different manifestations of sexual violence against children in
the 21st century and the implications for training.
- To update on research, policy and practice developments affecting child protection training across the UK.
- To support networking between trainers.
- To celebrate excellence in training and announce the winner of the Child Protection Trainer of the Year Award 2019.