Training to support frontline staff with child protection concerns and make sure child-centred activities are safe
Gain the supervisory skills you need for a child protection-based role.
Taught by experienced professionals, this course will help you learn how to support staff with any child protection concerns they may have, and make sure child-centred activities are delivered safely.
£1125 per person
5-day face-to-face training course
This course is broken into 2 modules taking place over 2 separate dates:
First module: 3 days
Second module: 2 days
In this classroom-based training course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify the purpose of supervision, with particular reference to safeguarding work
- explain the different models of supervision and their relationship to practice and safeguarding outcomes
- apply principles of adult learning to your own supervision practice
- practice supervisory skills and evaluate your own performance in order to apply your learning to real life situations
- recognise some of the unhealthy processes in supervision which may result in dangerous practice.
This course is CPD certified.
Who's this course for?
Child protection supervision skills course is for people who are new to a child protection supervisory role, but have previously attended an introductory level course.
People who have taken this course include:
- named safeguarding nurses
- health practitioners
- child protection officers
- education and local authority organisations
- staff with line management responsibilities for practitioners who have contact with children and families.