Online training for health visitors, midwives and children’s centre staff delivering Coping with Crying
Are you setting up or delivering the NSPCC’s Coping with Crying programme to parents?
Coping with Crying is a programme that supports parents with their baby's crying and aims to reduce the risk of non-accidental head injuries.
As the leading providers of safeguarding training in the UK, the NSPCC’s elearning course will teach you how to use the Coping with Crying film and resources to support parents and reduce the risk of harm to their baby.
£30 per person
Approximately 45 minutes online training course
The course is broken down into three parts:
1. the risks associated with babies that cry excessively
2. advice and guidance on how to support parents and keep babies safe
3. guidance on how to effectively implement the Coping with Crying programme.
The course also introduces the Coping with Crying film, explains how to show it to parents, how to effectively implement the programme and provides access to all programme resources.
Links to the downloadable programme resources include:
- the Coping with Crying film
- a step-by-step guide for managers on how to implement the programme
- parent leaflets summarising the film and signposting to further sources of help for parents
- a practitioner script outlining the steps to take when showing the film to parents
- a detailed manual for managers and practitioners on how to deliver the programme to parents
- promotional material to help promote the programme.
Benefits of the course
- Access to the Coping with Crying film (only available through the online course).
- Complete at your own pace and in your own time.
- Train anytime, anywhere and take the course as many times as you like within one year.
- Once you’ve taken the course, it doesn’t stop there. We have a range of further information, training and downloadable resources to further your learning.
Who should take this course?
This programme is designed for:
- health visitors, midwives and children's centre staff who deliver the Coping with Crying programme to parents
- managers who implement the programme within their organisation.
Why take your training with the NSPCC?
At the NSPCC, we work to keep children and young people safe from abuse and neglect every day.
As experts in safeguarding and child protection and leading providers of safeguarding training in the UK, we understand the issues organisations and people working with children can face. That’s why professionals trust us to provide the support, training and resources they need to help protect the children and young people they work with.
Our highly-rated training courses are developed by experts. We work with a number of organisations, experienced consultants and subject matter experts in a range of sectors to develop courses that are clear, easy-to-use, up-to-date and in line with the latest statutory guidance, and tailored to your needs.
And as a charity, income generated from the sale of our online courses is reinvested back into the NSPCC to help protect children.