Online training for health visitors, midwives and children’s centre staff delivering Coping with Crying
Are you setting up or delivering the NSPCC’s Coping with Crying programme to parents?
Coping with Crying is a programme that supports parents with their baby's crying and aims to reduce the risk of non-accidental head injuries.
As the UK’s experts on safeguarding, the NSPCC’s elearning course will teach you how to use the Coping with Crying film and resources to support parents and reduce the risk of harm to their baby.
£35 per person
99% of our customers would recommend NSPCC elearning courses*
The course is broken down into three parts:
1. the risks associated with babies that cry excessively
2. advice and guidance on how to support parents and keep babies safe
3. guidance on how to effectively implement the Coping with Crying programme.
The course also introduces the Coping with Crying film, explains how to show it to parents, how to effectively implement the programme and provides access to all programme resources.
Links to the downloadable programme resources include:
- the Coping with Crying film
- a step-by-step guide for managers on how to implement the programme
- parent leaflets summarising the film and signposting to further sources of help for parents
- a practitioner script outlining the steps to take when showing the film to parents
- a detailed manual for managers and practitioners on how to deliver the programme to parents
- promotional material to help promote the programme.
Benefits of the course
- CPD certified.
- Access to the Coping with Crying film (only available through the online course).
- Complete at your own pace and in your own time.
- Train anytime, anywhere and take the course as many times as you like within one year.
- Once you’ve taken the course, it doesn’t stop there. We have a range of further information, training and downloadable resources to further your learning.
Our online courses will work in most browsers (e.g Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge). See our Technical requirements for elearning courses for more information.