Training to update your safeguarding skills for children and young people
If you’re responsible with receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people, your child protection knowledge should be updated every two years.
Our training course taught by experienced professionals will update your understanding of how to recognise, report and record concerns about a child.
£225 per person
1 day face-to-face
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- describe the recent changes in legislation and guidance affecting your work with children and young people
- state the implications of these changes for your own organisation
- demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current issues in safeguarding such as child sexual exploitation, and online risks
- contribute effectively to multi-agency meetings
- critically appraise your organisation's safeguarding policy and procedures.
Who’s this course for?
Designated safeguarding officer refresher training is for people who have previously attended a Designated safeguarding officer level course in child protection to refresh their knowledge and skills.
People who have taken this course include:
- fostering groups
- professionals and volunteers from commercial, community and religious based organisations.
Note for health professionals: This course provides training equal to Level 2 - the minimum level required for clinical staff who have some degree of contact with children and young people and/or parents/carers.