An introductory course for organisations that work with children in Northern Ireland
Taught by experienced professionals, this introductory course will give you a clear understanding of how to recognise, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare.
£50 per person
3-hour face-to-face training course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- respond appropriately and report your concerns.
This training is in line with the SBNI Child Safeguarding Learning and Development Strategy and Framework 2015-2018.
This course is CPD certified.