Face-to-face training to update your safeguarding skills and knowledge
If you hold a lead safeguarding role in schools and colleges then your training should be updated every 2 years.
Our face to face training course taught by experienced professionals will update your knowledge and further develop competence and confidence in carrying out your lead safeguarding role.
£225 per person
1-day face-to-face training course
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- revisit and describe the role and the main responsibilities of the designated safeguarding lead
- describe the changes in key legislation and guidance affecting the education service’s response to concerns about a child
- state your own values regarding child abuse and explain the impact of these on professional practice
- identify the blocks to staff reporting concerns and explore strategies of overcoming them
- identify barriers that stop staff working within a multi-agency arena and explore strategies of overcoming them
- make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of concerns about a child or young person
- demonstrate an awareness of the emotional impact of safeguarding work and identify ways in which a safeguarding lead can support staff
- explore current and contemporary concerns through the use of case studies, such as:
- (secondary schools) child sexual exploitation, online grooming, FGM, sexting, abusive staff-pupil relationships
- (primary schools) neglect, children using sexually inappropriate behaviour/possible sexual abuse, domestic abuse, parental mental illness/fabricated illness by proxy, FGM, abusive staff-pupil relationships.