Training course for organisations that work with children
Gain the skills to act appropriately and confidently with the children you work with.
Taught by experienced professionals, this introductory course will help you recognise, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare in Scotland.
Approximately 3.5 hour face-to-face training course
Contact us on 0116 234 7246 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can commission this training for your organisation.
In this classroom-based course, you’ll learn how to:
- identify what is meant by child abuse
- name the categories of child abuse and neglect
- recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse
- identify the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for protection of children and young people
- identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
- know how to respond and report your concerns.
Who's this course for?
This is an introductory course for anyone who works with children or families in Scotland in their paid or voluntary work, so you don’t need any previous child protection training.
People who have taken this course include:
- early year’s practitioners
- nursery workers
- event organisers
- people working in children’s leisure and entertainment, or religious organisations