Safeguarding childhood together
25-26 June 2020
QEII Centre, Westminster, London
At this year’s two-day conference, you’ll hear about the latest in safeguarding and child protection to help you support young people at every stage of childhood from early years, right through to adolescence. Key areas of focus include child and adolescent mental health, online safety and preventing abuse in families facing additional pressures.
We’ll be bringing together delegates from a wide range of sectors in one central location - from education, voluntary, charity and health sectors to local authorities. You’ll have a chance to meet thought leaders and innovators from various professions, including academic professionals, government officials and front-line practitioners..
Every child has the right to grow up safely. Together we can make that happen and create safer environments.
Early bird offers
Save £50 if you book by March 2020
Both days: Thursday 25 June and Friday 26 June 2020 - £269 with discount
One day: Thursday 25 June 2020 - £219 with discount
Venue: QEII Centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London, SW1P 3EE
Full details on location, travel information, accommodation and accessibility can be found on the QEII Centre website.
Conference speakers include:
- Isabelle Trowler, England’s Chief Social Worker for Children and Families
- Marian Brandon, Professor of Social Work and Director of the Centre for Research on Children and Families at the University of East Anglia
- Lianna McDonald, Executive Director at Canadian Centre for Child Protection
- Clarissa Smith, Professor of Sexual Cultures at the University of Sunderland
- Dez Holmes, Director of Research in Practice and Research in Practice for Adults
From childhood through till adolescence, children and young people have the right to be protected. Different forms of abuse can have significant consequences and long-lasting impacts on children and their future development. It’s up to us to keep childhood safe from abuse by preventing it from happening.
Help us put a stop to child abuse by joining us at our annual How safe are our children? conference.
Why you should attend our conference
- Gain a wealth of knowledge around different safeguarding topics and obtain a wider skillset to use in your role and practices.
- Hear a wide range of speakers share their expertise on safeguarding through motivating presentations, lively debates and practical workshops.
- Listen to real-life stories from children to understand their views on the importance of adults and professionals who are there to protect them.
- Network and share practices with over 600+ delegates in our breakout sessions and group-based discussions.
- Put your training budget to good use - take advantage of one or two-day tickets and significant early bird savings.
Two days: £269 with discount
Day one only: £219 with discount