Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
Schools and Covid-19
The coronavirus pandemic has created huge challenges and disruption for schools. As circumstances change, schools need to continually adapt their practices and how they are supporting children and young people. We've produced a range of resources to help, which are updated as the guidance changes.
- COVID-19 briefing: safeguarding guidance and information for schools
- Undertaking remote teaching safely
- Recruitment safely during coronavirus
- Guidance for school governors and trustees
- Transitioning back to school
- Ofsted's new briefing series on COVID-19 interim visits
- The Department of Education's new guidance for out-of-school settings
You may also be interested in our NSPCC Learning podcast episodes on returning to school post-lockdown and the impact of coronavirus on school staff and pupils.