You’ll learn about topics including:
- how children use the internet and technology
- new and emerging online harms
- sex and relationships online
- keeping children safe from sexual abuse online
- the risks children may encounter online
- harmful content online
- online radicalisation and extremism
- sharing personal content and sexting
- bullying online
- supporting parents and carers.
At the end of the course you will:
- understand how the online world can impact children and young people positively and negatively
- identify the ways children and young people communicate and interact online
- identify the key risks and harm children and young people can be exposed to online
- know how to access advice and support to be able to better protect children and support parents and carers to help keep children safer online.