Safeguarding childhood together
4-5 March 2021
At next year’s two-day conference, you’ll hear about the latest in safeguarding and child protection to help you support young people at every stage of childhood from early years, right through to adolescence. Key areas of focus include child and adolescent mental health, online safety and preventing abuse in families facing additional pressures.
We’ll be bringing together delegates from a wide range of sectors - from education, voluntary, charity and health sectors to local authorities. You’ll have a chance to engage with thought leaders and innovators from various professions, including academic professionals, government officials and front-line practitioners.
Every child has the right to grow up safely. Together we can make that happen and create safer environments.
Discounted early bird tickets (ends 31st December)
Price: £269 £219
Includes online live access on Thursday 4 March and Friday 5 March 2021 and on demand access to all sessions for one week.
Conference speakers include:
- Isabelle Trowler, England’s Chief Social Worker for Children and Families
- Marian Brandon, Professor of Social Work and Director of the Centre for Research on Children and Families at the University of East Anglia
- Dr Carmen Chan, Clinical Psychologist and Service Lead for Horizon
- Clarissa Smith, Professor of Sexual Cultures at the University of Sunderland
- Dez Holmes, Director of Research in Practice and Research in Practice for Adults
You can also download the conference agenda (PDF) for a breakdown of what to expect on both days.
From childhood through till adolescence, children and young people have the right to be protected. Different forms of abuse can have significant consequences and long-lasting impacts on children and their future development. It’s up to us to keep childhood safe from abuse by preventing it from happening.
Help us put a stop to child abuse by joining us at our annual How safe are our children? conference.
Why you should attend our conference:
- Watch the live event from the comfort of your home or office and attend breakout sessions virtually.
- Gain a wealth of knowledge around different safeguarding topics and obtain a wider skillset to use in your role and practices.
- Hear a wide range of speakers share their expertise on safeguarding through motivating presentations, lively debates and workshops.
- Listen to real-life stories from children to understand their views on the importance of adults and professionals who are there to protect them.
- Put your training budget to good use - take advantage of significant early bird savings for two days of expert insight and discussion.
Get your early bird tickets
Original price: £269
Early bird price: £219
If you have any questions about previously purchased tickets for How Safe 2020 or 2021 please contact us at NSPCCevents@nspcc.org.uk.
Update – October 2020
To ensure the safety of all our delegates, speakers, exhibitors, staff and contributors, we will be livestreaming How Safe 2021 online on 4-5 March 2021. All sessions will be available on demand for a week after the event for you to watch at your convenience.
The How Safe 2020 conference was scheduled to take place on 25-26 June 2020 but was postponed to 4-5 March 2021. Tickets previously purchased for 2020 will be valid for the 2021 conference. If you have any questions, please contact us at NSPCCevents@nspcc.org.uk.