An assessment tool to help identify and measure risk of neglect
Graded Care Profile 2 (GCP2) helps professionals measure the quality of care provided by a parent or carer in meeting their child's needs, particularly where there are concerns about neglect.
Using the GCP2 assessment tool, professionals score aspects of family life on a scale of one to five. This assessment helps them identify areas where the level of care children receive could be significantly improved.
How it works
Using GCP2, you’ll be able to:
- measure the quality of care being provided to children you work with
- identify where children require further support and whether the level of care received needs to be improved
- implement a constructive working relationship with families
- increase your confidence in decision making at all levels
- promote multi-agency working and train professionals across agencies to use the tool – creating a common language and improving the quality of referrals.
"As implementation lead for our local authority, I have been helped through the process by the expert assistance of the team at NSPCC. They have been able to answer my questions and together we have found solutions to issues."
Training and implementation support
We have helped support over 90 local areas to use GCP2 across the UK. We'll work with you every step of the way, providing the support you need to effectively implement the tool in your local area.
- help you develop a robust implementation plan so that you can sustainably implement the tool locally
- organise webinars and workshops for strategic partners
- provide implementation planning resources and support
- arrange training sessions and materials to support local delivery (10-20 delegates)
- give you with access to over 60 resources to support delivery, usage and implementation
- offer opportunities to attend and engage with GCP2 colleagues and sites across the UK through our community of practice forums
- keep you up-to-date about upcoming events, webinars and newsletters.