The Department for Education (DfE) first published Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges guidance in December 2017 which was updated in May 2018.1
Our CASPAR briefing from 2018 sets out the key areas covered in the guidance, including:
- what sexual violence and harassment between children (anyone under the age of 18) is
- schools' and colleges' legal responsibilities
- a whole school or college approach to safeguarding and child protection
- how to respond to reports of sexual violence and sexual harassment
- advice on children sharing a classroom following reports of sexual violence and sexual harassment.
ReferencesDepartment for Education (DfE) (2018) Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges: advice for governing bodies, proprietors, headteachers, principals, senior leadership teams and designated safeguarding leads (PDF). London: DfE.