Safer recruitment in education online and face-to-face training courses
Our courses will help you make sure you’re recruiting the right people to work with children.
We provide a range of online elearning courses and face-to-face classroom-based courses to teach you how to protect children and young people through safer recruitment. We offer options to suit a variety of learning styles and needs.
Each course covers:
- developing robust policies and procedures for your organisation
- preparing to recruit
- shortlisting for interview
- vetting and barring checks
- dealing with concerns identified through vetting and barring checks and assessing risk
- managing allegations of inappropriate behaviour or abuse by a member of staff or volunteer.
Our online and face-to-face courses have been developed in line with current legislation in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and will teach you what you need to do to comply with statutory guidance.
Our Safer recruitment in education courses are for anyone who is responsible for recruitment in an educational setting, including:
- head teachers
- human resources staff.
They are relevant to all education settings, such as:
- primary and secondary schools
- higher education establishments
- pupil referral units
- SEN schools.
We recommend that everyone taking these courses has an up to date understanding of safeguarding principles and has received child protection training. Our Child protection in schools online course provides a good introductory overview to safeguarding.
How the course works
Our online courses provide:
- Flexibility: participants can complete the course at their own pace and in their own time.
- Interactivity: our training modules include interactive learning activities and quizzes, film and audio clips, reflective tasks and links to downloadable PDF resources.
- Convenience: online courses can be accessed anywhere, anytime, with access for up to one year following the date of your purchase.
- Regular updates: our elearning programmes are regularly updated to reflect changes in legislation, guidance and best practice advice.
- Record of achievement: a personalised certificate of achievement upon completion.
This course is CPD certified.
Safer recruitment in education will work in most browsers, though we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Firefox. You will need to make sure your browser is up to date for the course to run.
This course can be taken on PCs and Macs, as well as iPads or other tablet devices. Please note, we are unable to provide full technical support for tablet users.
Having trouble with the course? Try:
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies
- turning off private browsing
- turning off your pop-up blocker.
If your course was purchased before 31 August 2018, then the latest version of Adobe Flash Player may be required to access it.
£30 per person
4 hour online training course
Our face-to-face training courses are based in a classrooms around the country and delivered over one day.
Through these sessions our specialist child protection and human resource safeguarding experts will guide you through a structured, interactive course. You’ll receive:
- direct support in your learning
- immediate answers to your questions
- take-home resources
- a personalised certificate of achievement at the end of the day.
Benefits of classroom–based learning
- Expert trainers: our courses are all led by specialist child protection and human resource safeguarding experts.
- Shared learning: our face-to-face courses attract participants from a wide range of educational establishments, so you can work together to share ideas, experiences and learning.
- Variety: we build in a variety of interactive sessions to suit different learning styles.
- Dedicated learning space: we host participants in a neutral learning space, allowing you to focus on the training without distractions.
- Recent case examples: we relate learning to real-life case examples to help you recognise the impact of recruitment on child protection and safeguarding.
This course is CPD certified.