Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions are lifting across the UK. This means schools, colleges and other organisations are once again having to adapt the way they work. Some might be delivering more face-to-face activities, and others might be using a blend of face-to-face services.
You might be finding it difficult to keep your safeguarding and child protection policies up-to-date and reflect the ongoing changes in ways of working. So, we’ve set out five steps to help you consider what updates your organisation can make to your policies and procedures to ensure children are kept safe.
- The principles of safeguarding remain the same but do you need to amend your policies and procedures?
- What is the role of the nominated child protection lead and how will you continue to recruit new staff or volunteers safely?
- How will you continue to work with children and families and how will you respond to non-attendance?
- Are there any specific areas of concern? Including online safety, domestic abuse and mental health.
- How will you report concerns about a child?