The fundamentals of safer recruitment in schools, colleges and academies
Applying a safeguarding thread throughout your recruitment process is crucial in bringing statutory guidance into action and creating a safer culture for children and young people.
Taking the time now to embed safer processes in your school, college or academy will help you recruit and retain the best individuals and ensure that you’re keeping children and young people safe.
This episode features two of our Senior Consultants at the NSPCC, Donya Pourzand and Craig Keady, who highlight the importance of safer recruitment in educational institutions.
- how schools, colleges and academies can recruit safely
- what can go wrong when a safer recruitment process isn’t followed
- examples of high-level profile cases that have put education in the spotlight for the wrong reasons
- the common errors made by educational institutions during recruitment processes
- why training is key to bringing safer recruitment statutory guidance to life
- the importance of including the child’s voice in recruitment.
Listen to the podcast now to find out how to apply a safer recruitment thread across your whole organisation.
About the speakers
Craig Keady is a Senior Consultant for Education at NSPCC. He has worked extensively in the education sector and has experience in varied roles including safeguarding, leadership and management, special educational needs and inclusion in schools, multi-academy trusts.
Donya Pourzand is a Senior Consultant with the NSPCC Consultancy Service specialising in HR safeguarding. She has over 11 years of experience in HR and consultancy roles across the public and private sectors and now works on a consultative basis with schools and external organisations to explore ways to improve their HR practice for children and young people.