Speak out Stay safe is a safeguarding programme for children aged 5- to 11-years-old. It is available to all primary schools in the UK and Channel Islands. It helps children understand:
- abuse in all its forms and how to recognise the signs of abuse
- that abuse is never a child’s fault and they have the right to be safe
- where to get help and the sources of help available to them, including our Childline service.
How Speak out Stay safe works
Speak out Stay safe is an effective way to support your school's safeguarding duties. The programme content links directly the curriculum and helps reinforce key messages about abuse and neglect.
The Speak out Stay safe programme contains:
- virtual assemblies for children aged 5-7 and 7-11, available in English, Welsh and BSL
- follow on lesson plans with engaging activities and resources to help reinforce and embed key messages (available in both English and Welsh)
- face-to-face workshops for children aged 6-7 and 9-11 (talk to us about availability in your area).
You'll be supported by a local Schools Co-ordinator who can answer any questions you have about the programme and help you access other support, resources and training.
There is also an adapted six week Speak out Stay safe programme for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and additional needs (ASN/ALN).
Ready to get started?
Sign up for Speak out Stay safe now and receive our virtual assemblies, lesson plans and activities.