The Department for Education (DfE) has published findings from analysis of serious case reviews (SCRs) from 1 April 2014 – 31 March 2017.
Our briefing summarises findings from the report around:
- trends and patterns in case reviews over time
- learning from cases involving neglect
- learning from cases involving vulnerable adolescents
- learning from cases involving care and court proceedings
- the impact of learning from case reviews on local safeguarding practice.
Department for Education (DfE) (2020) Complexity and challenge: a triennial analysis of SCRs 2014-2017. Final report (PDF). London: Department for Education