Safer recruitment face-to-face training course
Learn how to make sure you’re employing the right staff and volunteers to work with children and young people.
We provide a face-to-face classroom-based course to help you learn the principles of safer recruitment.
Our safer recruitment course is suitable for a range of sectors, including:
- voluntary sector
- community groups
- faith organisations
- social care
- young people's offending and probation services
- health sector
- children's leisure and entertainment
- services for children with disabilities and special educational needs
- welfare and family support services
- youth support organisations
- commercial organisations and small businesses.
We provide specific training courses on safer recruitment in education.
Each course covers:
- developing safer recruitment policies and procedures for your organisation
- preparing to recruit
- selecting the right people to interview
- carrying out thorough background checks
- responding to concerns identified through background checks and assessing risk
- responding to inappropriate behaviour and allegations of abuse.
Our safer recruitment courses have been developed in line with current legislation and guidance in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
£225 per person
1 day training course
Who is the course for?
These courses are suitable for anyone who is responsible for recruiting and selecting candidates for posts that interact with children and young people.
We recommend that those taking these courses have previous child protection training and a basic, up to date understanding of safeguarding. Our Child protection: an introduction online course provides an introductory overview to safeguarding.
How the course works
Register your interest in the forthcoming safer recruitment online training course
We run one day classroom based courses around the country.
Through these sessions our specialist child protection and human resource safeguarding experts provide:
- a structured course
- direct support and guidance as you learn
- interactive exercises
- the opportunity to ask questions (with immediate answers)
- resources to take home.
Once you've completed the day's session we'll present you with a personalised certificate of achievement.
Benefits of face-to-face learning
- Our courses are all led by specialist child protection and human resource safeguarding experts.
- You’ll be able to share ideas, experiences and learning with participants from a wide range of sectors and organisations.
- We host participants in a neutral learning space, so you can learn without distractions.
- We relate learning to real-life case examples to help you recognise the impact of recruitment on child protection and safeguarding.